Does Aspire F5-573-55R7 USB C support Displayport?

Options
Red789
Red789 Member Posts: 12 New User

Intel 520 integrated graphics in Aspire F5-573-55R7 has support Displayport 1.2 capability from Intel data I have reviewed.  Before I purchase a USB C to Displayport adapter, has anyone had success using the USB C port to drive a Displayport monitor?  Driving Dell U2417.  Also plan to use the laptop HDMI port to drive a second U2417, so two monitors concurrently.  Intel data indicates multi-monitor support should work, so my question is whether the USB C port has Displayport capability.  Anyone driving two displays at 1920x1080 60 Hz as described?  No gaming planned.

Displayport MST from the USB C would be great, cannot locate anything in Intel data suggesting that explicitly but does mention Displayport 1.2.

Thanks -

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew
    Options

Unfortunately the USB-C port on the F5-573 does not support DisplayPort. 

• Red789
    Red789 Member Posts: 12 New User
    Options

Thanks for your response.  Disappointing, since that was one of the interfaces I hoped to have for this laptop since I already have the HDMI inputs allocated to my main tower PC on my dual monitor home setup.  What will the USB C port support?  Hopefully HDMI and DVI-D?  Will this port provide charging capability for connected devices?  Can I use this port to charge the laptop?