Do yourself a favour - Do not purchase Acer laptops - Poor quality and even poorer customer service

Options
sethraj
sethraj Member Posts: 1 New User

I purchased an F5-573G-70F5 in May 2016. Three and a half months later the display on the laptop screen developed internal bleeding with no external damage. However Acer did not want to honour the warranty and cliamed it as a Customer Induced Damage. After one month of continuosly chasing their customer service department and arguing my case, I finally ran out of patience and paid the money to have it fixed on the condition that I am provided with the image (referred to as photo in the Acer quote below) of the display screen based on which they had claimed the following:

Quote:
The physical damage on the screen might not be visible to the naked eye however the LCD screen is not most likely to bleed without any force applied to it, as shown in the photo. Hence we have conducted physical inspection on your computer and confirmed that there is a scratch on the LCD screen.
Unquote

I have been chasing the Case Manager to get this photo for the last 10 days but it has not been forthcoming which leads me to believe that Acer's claim that the damage to the laptop display was a customer fault is unfounded and arbitrary with the sole intention of not honouring the warranty and getting the customer to pay for it. I suspect that the quality of these laptop displays is extremely poor and to add to your woes the customer service form Acer is pathetic.

Answers

• F5-572G-595M
    F5-572G-595M Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    Options

Kinda support, though I don't think my case is too reasonable. Brought and Aspire F5-572G-595M iirc in March this year.

Poor customer service? Sure.

I spend days, calling 10 times to fix my issue on System interrupts. They told me to reset my pc, etc, all that stuff. Reasonable, right? I sent it in to customer service, and it came back with the issue unfixed. All they did was replace the hard drive. Like, seriously, I can do that myself. And here comes the worst part:

"The problem(s) you had advised us of:

SYSTEM HANG UP"

Like, I spent AGES and DAYS describing the issue to the support agents, and they get the issue wrong? ITS SYSTEM INTERRUPTS! FFS HOW IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE? 

Anyway, called them straight away, gave them the reference number, they told me YET AGAIN to reset my PC. Even with an untouched factory install with absolutely no modification done, they tell me to reset my PC. Did that, the next time I rang, this technical support agent began saying that it was a software issue. And this made me mad. I had  been troubleshooting the problem for months, and I am certain that it is the touchpad and audio. He insisted nevertheless, saying it was Microsoft's problem. I told him that I tried Linux, Ubuntu, Windows 8 AND Windows 7, then he wanted to direct me to the "Out of Scope" service thingy and charge me $74. Absolutely enraging. I refused.

THe next day, I got better luck. Gave them reference numbers etc all that blah blah, described the issue etc. This time they were actually listening to the information I gave them. And they called it in for service and repair yet again.

Right now, my laptop is in Sydney being repaired (Hopefully). It's been three days and I'm already missing my laptop.

Honestly, if my laptop doesn't return home fixed, it's refund time. Even though it's 7 months already, Australian Consumer Law says that if it is a major issue:

"If a reasonable consumer had known about the problem, they never would have bought the product."

I have the right for a full refund. If I had known about the issue, I would never had brought the product.

THe only reason I brought this laptop is because Acer has a cooling system I like. Bold vents at the bottom that say "I'm here. Whacha gonna do about it?"

• wjulaxer13
    wjulaxer13 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I hate to pile on as my beef is more with NewEgg than ACER but it is their product. I ordered and received a 573g-7791 laptop from NewEgg. The screen was really fouled up and unusable. To make a long story short, I fought for 4 months with ACER and NewEgg to get it replaced under warranty. They insisted that it was 'customer' damage and not their fault. I finally won, thanks to my bank, and got my money back but now have to look for a replacement. I had returned it to ACER and they said I had to take it up with NewEgg. NewEgg said it wasnt returned within 30 days when I had the receipt of a message that they had received it in less than 14 days. Four months of fighting due to a crappy screen on the laptop! This is not good customer service from either ACER or NewEgg. Not to mention the manufacture of crappy screens apparently. 

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    Options

The limited warranty covers manufacture defects, however, if the phone agent cannot determine if the damage was caused it needs to come in for service so one of our techs can inspect the unit. An LCD panel doesn't just spontaneously break, we certainly can't tell you exactly how this occurred, but I am confident that the LCD (which is liquid crystal display layer, and one of several) was damaged if the tech determined it is not covered under the warranty. This doesn't happen without some sort of outside force causing it and why we do not consider it a manufacturer defect. Since this is not a manufacturer defect, the warranty is not able to cover the repair.

As the warranty covers repair in one of our service centers, we do not handle returns. Every retailer has their own return process.

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.