Disk Usage 100% on Light Tasks

Options
TheDJKhalid
TheDJKhalid Member Posts: 7 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

My Acer Aspire E5-575 Signature Edition 33bm is always using around 90-100 of the disk on light tasks, even right now as I am typing this on google chrome.  While my updates are downloading for Windows 10.  I have had other laptops that do not have this issue of disk usage.  Is there a way to fix this problem?

Disk Usage.png

Answers

• Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

Not familiar with that model. Looking I do not see how it can be that much due too the percentage not adding up, not even close. Your picture not even showing 2 percent added up. Let all the downloads finish and run, reboot and idle then check. Something not right as is. Cache? Virus? Not sure, lacking the whole picture here.

• TheDJKhalid
    Options

I seriously doubt it is a virus, as I just got the PC delivered today and ran a windows defender scan.  And I did let it update and it seems to be fine.  I uninstalled a bunch of useless software and ran defraggler and ccleaner and my disk usage is now around 0%.  I also did do what was suggested on a tom's hardware thread and disabled whatever it said here:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2813275/disk-usage-100.html

• Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

So after updates and all problem gone? Good. Seemed odd seeing the picture you posted did not add up, had to be download cache of updates in temp format installing which not show on disk usage report summary.

• TheDJKhalid
    Options

Yeah hopefully that was it.