DVD Player on ACER Aspire E17, E5-731-P3ZW is not reciognised

jimwhoski
jimwhoski Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I'm trying to use my DVD Player and it won't work. I tried numerous apps, ACER Video Player, Windows Media Player, and I recently purchased Windows DVD Player app, and although I have a DVD, it's not working using either of the apps. I don't see a DVD Player drive listed in my Device Manager, under sound, video and game controllers, I only see HD audio device and Realtek HD audio. Am I possibly missing the driver? Any help is deeply appreciated thank you.

Answers

• amiga
    amiga Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi.

I have the same problem on my Aspire E17, E5-771G-54VR my DVD-Writer is gone. Do I have to factory reset the computer? Can I then update to Windows10?
  • jimwhoski1
    jimwhoski1 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello amiga, I found my DVD under "Device Manager". When the window opens click on "View" at the top of the window. Then scroll down to "View hidden devices" and click on that. I have to do that everytime I want to find my "DVD". Now that I found it, I still am unable to use it. I can eject and load, but my CDs /DVDs aren't able to load. I still can't see it in my "File Explorer" either. This problen started when I upgraded to Windows 10. I went back to Windows 8.1 and still nothing worked. I asked the Windows Community for support, got a lot of it too, but nothing worked. Although they helped me find my "DVD" in "Device Manager". This is the link to my Question on Windows Community...https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware-winpc/unable-to-use-my-dvd-player/08fd24c2-d094-4b7d-9de3-ac44d3ead1ea . I took a screen shot of "Device Manager" showing the location and what to click on, I uploaded the screenshot below. Untitled 1.png