Computer issues and contacting ACER

Options
DO1972
DO1972 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

So I bought a refurbished laptop and it is supposed to have a 90 day warranty from ACER. I get the computer start it up it does over 3 hours of updates the first night. Not used at all. Day 2 listening to music and it keeps locking up. sounds like a cd skipping. Day 2 as well, watching videos and they freeze the get the digital skipping sound. I updated all drivers and still happened. That was the end of day 2.
Day 3 online doing a discussion, in the middle of that computer locks, screen frozen and the skipping sound is LOUD the the screen goes to a broken up mode looking like it is all in squares. restart and all seems fine.
I go to call ACER and they say the computer is out of date and there is no warranty and transferred a third party compant and they will not transfer me to ACER. 
These computers have a good rep, This experience shows the complete opposite! 

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

acer model?

installed windows OS version?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • DO1972
    Options

E5-552

windows 10 home 64 bit

• IronFly
    Options

can you please report the installed BIOS version?

windows logo key + r

tyoe

msinfo32

report BIOS DATE/Version string

the skipping noise is from the laptop speakers or a noise that came from inside the laptop?

• DO1972
    Options

Actually no I can not, I have sent the computer back. Fed Ex Just picked it up. I tried contacting ACER 3 more timeds and got fed up!

• DO1972
    Options

The digital skip sound was through the speakersthe computer was quiet. Muted the speakers when it was happening all went silent! Same as with the vidoe. When the screen issue happened it was just the desktop open. The sound would not mute!

• IronFly
    Options

probably was some bad drivers or ram issue.

i hope they will find the issue easily. Smiley Happy

• DO1972
    Options

I re installed all the driver, the vidoe twice, once from the widows site second time from AMD itself

I have no idea beyond that!