Can an Aspire F15 support 3 storage devices?

jacksan1
jacksan1 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I have an Aspire F15 with an M.2 SSD and a DVD writer. Because the bay that normally houses a hard drive is empty, I have installed a second SSD there.

Now, here is my question: Can the F15 support yet another SATA storage device by replacing the DVD writer with an HDD/SSD caddy? That is one M.2 SATA device plus two additional SATA3 devices. Can it?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best Answer

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,049 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Yes thanks.

Edited: The SATA connector of the DVD drive is also a SATA 3.0 Interface so your laptop can support  one M.2 SDD + two other SATA storage devices. I would suggest you this HDD/SSD caddy.

France

Answers

• laurent_14

Hello,

Could you give me the first ten characters of the computer serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

Why not? As the DVD driver is already a SATA device, it should be supported. You just need the right HDD/SSD caddy.

France
  • jacksan1

Thanks! Do these numbers look right?   NXGD3AA001

• laurent_14
    Answer ✓

Yes thanks.

Edited: The SATA connector of the DVD drive is also a SATA 3.0 Interface so your laptop can support  one M.2 SDD + two other SATA storage devices. I would suggest you this HDD/SSD caddy.

France
  • jacksan1

Fantastic! Thank you SO much for your prompt and thorough help. Have a great weekend!!

• laurent_14

Avastar.png

... Have a great weekend too! Smiley Happy

France