Can I get windows 7 drivers for my acer e5-771g laptop? there are lots of problems with OS 8 and 10.

syang
syang Member Posts: 8 New User

I  bought a E5 771.  But I am not feeling well with the OS 8.1.  there are also some problem with the OS even when upgraded to OS 10.

I cannot find the drivers for win7 on acer website.  

I am wondering if you can provide the drivers for win7.    Or I can download the OS 8 drivers to be used on win 7.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

you must search drivers by yourself, please be aware that you need to set BIOS to Legacy instead of UEFI, this can arise some hardware issues:

- video gprahic corruptions

- touchpad not working or having hiccups

- windows 7 drivers not availables

- Legacy is less safer than UEFI

windows 8.1 is a good OS, windows 10 is even better; i would suggest you to try a windows 10 clean install (after creating a recovery media to re-install windows 8.1 in the worst case).

you can also explain a little better, what do you meant with "here are also some problem with the OS even when upgraded to OS 10".

maybe a simple BIOS or drivers update can solve those issues.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • syang

Thanks so much for your reply.

I Upgraded to Win 10.  the problems I met are:

1:some features in win 7 are not available ,like change winodws bachgroud color.

2:explore crashes very often and system frozed for a couple of minutes when this occurs.

even I installed othre file explorer .  this freeze can occur.

I have already updated the OS to the lastest.

3:will spend more time on familiar with new OS

4:you don't know when some software will have problem running on OS 10.

• IronFly

Those issues probably are related to a faulty upgrade, you do a clean windows 10 install instead of the upgrade.

by the way, as i told you, you can install windows 7 using legacy but you have to search drivers by yourself.

• syang

Thanks so much.

I will try to install win 7

• IronFly

You welcome.