Can I downgrade bios 1.08 to 1.03? Acer e3-112 with W8.1

zpapp
zpapp Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi Acer! How can I downgrade bios 1.08 to 1.03 in an Acer e3-112, Win8.1? The problem cane after the bios upgrade 1.03 to 1.08. The touchpad and a mouse do not work, and the netbook is always halted. Unfortunatelly I can't use it anymore! I gues this problem came after bios upgrade. Thanks for your help.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,433 Trailblazer

Have you tried toggling the touchpad on with the Fn+F7 key combo?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• zpapp
    zpapp Member Posts: 2 New User

Yes I tried toggling the touchpad on with the Fn+F7 key combo, but unfortunatelly it did not work. 

Now the symptom is there is no cursor from the beginning and after about one minute the Acer is halted. That's all. Before the BIOS upgrade almost everything was working properly with W8.1 (but sometimes the touchpad was halted, so this was the reson of upgrade. 1.08 says: "02.to fix Touchpad no function with inbox driver when set touchpad setting to basic").

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,433 Trailblazer

You might want to try returning the bios chip to its default state by discharging it. Remove the battery and charger. Open the bottom door that accesses the DRAM slots. Check to see if there are bios discharge jumper pins in there.

Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• 32smooth
    32smooth Member Posts: 1 New User

I have a same problem ... I received a new device today (E3 112).  BIOS version 1.03 was pre-installed. I fitted a 1TB Samsung SSD 840 Evo and installed Win 8.1 Pro. The netbook ran stable in the beginning. After a few hours of downloading and installing all the windows updates I decided to upgrade its Bios to version 1.10 and now the netbook is really unstable and hangs a few minutes after login. It even crashed now while I was running memtest86 to check if the stability probs were RAM related. 

Please, is there a way to enforce a bios downgrade? I really think its related to the Bios.

• milamber
    milamber Member Posts: 1 New User

Has anybody found a solution for this?

I use the E3-112 with Linux, my device work pretty good. My friend has the same model, but her model ceases to switch off afer linux has been shutdown.

OS is the same, difference I found is BIOS v1.03 working. BIOS v1.16 not working.

BIOS v1.03 install aborts with something like "newer version already installed"