Can I add a DDR3 4GB 1333MHz DIMM to my new Espire ES 15 to total 8 GB?

Options
JFDalby
JFDalby Member Posts: 2 New User

Is there another slot for a DDR3 memory chip in my new Acer Aspire ES 15?

Best Answer

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,118 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

It's better to match the current specs of your memory stick, if you have 1333MHz RAM in your laptop and do not want spend more money, get another 1333MHz RAM, get the cheaper one and brand doesn't matter.

If you want to get 1600MHz RAM, buy 2 sticks and replace the one you already have( assuming it's 1333MHz).

I would go for Crucial out of your selection for the price difference.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    Options

Hi,

Could you please post the full model number, ES1-531, 571 etc...

• JFDalby
    JFDalby Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

ES1-572-37X2 Model. Since my post, I read that it's best not to mix speeds of memory. The Fry's Electronics sale version I saw is the higher speed. Amazon sells a Kingston DDR3L 4GB 1600 low voltage SODIMM for $28.71 with free shipping, or a Crucial DDR3L 4GB for $24.09 (free Prime shipping). If anyone would recommend which brand, Kingston or Crucial, is best, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,118 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

It's better to match the current specs of your memory stick, if you have 1333MHz RAM in your laptop and do not want spend more money, get another 1333MHz RAM, get the cheaper one and brand doesn't matter.

If you want to get 1600MHz RAM, buy 2 sticks and replace the one you already have( assuming it's 1333MHz).

I would go for Crucial out of your selection for the price difference.