Brand New Acer E15-575G Showing Artifacts

AnimalMother
AnimalMother Member Posts: 6 New User

I have BRAND NEW Acer E5-575G-53VG I bought from Amazon.

It has the GTX 940MX the only thing is from the moment I opened it and started running it I noticed artifacts and glitching in the UI on FireFox and the FileExplorer/Library menu bar areas.

Watch my videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_9Nrc0DiBQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adyb1vKRZIA

What is that? And why is it on my Brand New Laptop? As you notice in thre video, if i close the window or move my mouse over it it starts to go away. It doesnt always do this, it does this mainly on bootup. And then seems to go away, sometimes comes after its been on a while. I can sort of clear it away with my mouse cursor. Is my GPU or motherboard/screen defective?

I updated the Nvidia drivers and uninstalled the old ones before I installed the new ones.

Windows Update is currently up to date.

i do not do anything abnormal like overclocking I just play Steam games like Day of Defeat Source and some Minecraft with the daughter. Basic web searching. No odd software or anything installed yet. I uninstalled the Acer care center which wont let me reinstall and says my computer is not compatable with it. Wierd.

The games seem to run fine though, so far, I only notice the artifacts and gltiches on the Firefox Browser and WIndow Explore Menu like when looking at the pictures or so, top search bar area just like in Firefox.

What could it be? Should I return it and exchange?

Answers

• AnimalMother

Sorry, but what does this have to do with my problem? It appears irrelevant. Although, I appreciate the reply though.

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

It appeared you were pointing to the question mark in a circle and the green lock. The info you gave is pretty sketchy.

• AnimalMother

Look at the artifacts and gltiching on the browser in the videos. It has some UI artifacts. And the mosue clears it up.

• AnimalMother
    Anyone else?
  • kfish001
    kfish001 Member Posts: 2 New User

Just got this laptop from Amazon, after so many recommendations from Reddit.  Fresh out of the box, and I'm seeing the same artifacts when browsing the internet.  Moving the mouse through the artifacts or scrolling the page makes them disappear.  Only noticed it in Firefox so far, but I've only used the computer for about 45 minutes.

• AnimalMother
    Don't worry or return it.
    I had returned it and it the new one does the same thing.

They are identical, it's a hardware acceleration problem and is negligible. Its a Firefox issue and not a hardware one. Disable hardware acceleration in the Firefox settings. I left mine on as I don't care it's harmless and may go away with an update.
  • kfish001
    kfish001 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks! I was worried I got a lemon.
  • AnimalMother
    Oh yeah, me too. Your good to go.