Brand New Acer Aspire E5-573G-531D running very slow

Artinyan
Artinyan Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello Guys,

Yesterday I received the laptop and install all the drivers from http://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/drivers .

Also all the windows updates by now are done with the latest update just 3 hours ago taking 1 hour.

But the laptop is very slow, thinks and slows when doing very simple things, like opening the start menu, typing in the question pole next to the start menu. The boot time is over 3 minutes for restart and start up. I want to believe that I have drivers for update or some that are not installed. If you know a reliable program or tool to check the drivers and their dates or any advice would be very helpful.

Windows 10 x64.

Intel Core I5-4210U 1.7to2.7GHz

NVIDIA GeForce 920M 2GB

8GB RAM

1TB HDD 

Thank you in advance!

Answers

• Did you update the drivers with only drivers from Acer?

I find it hard to believe that a new Acer needed an hour of driver updating, are you sure you needed all of them?

Was it slow before you started updating it?

I would do a factory recovery and check how it's running after every update, possibly finding the one that caused the problem.

• Artinyan

Hello guys!

Philetus thank you for your answer.

Today I installed and tryed League of Legends on Very High Quality and it worked perfectly as expected from the pc.

Now the computer is working smooth without any lag. But the problem with the slow start up and restart is still on.

From the moment when I click the button in Start Menu for Restart to the moment when Skype log in takes around 4 minutes. 123.jpg

That is how it looks in '' Choose What The Power Buttons Do'' .

Any ideas why could that be?

Thank you!

• Can you check how many start-up programs are enabled in Task manager, disable the programs you don't need them at start-up. Compare it with mine:

Capture.JPG

• Artinyan

Yes, here is how mine looks.

I can see that skype is logging a bit later when starting but nothing more than the normal. All the rest are looking good.

122.jpg

• You could try disabling one by one to find which program takes more time to start. Are you using any third party AV program? If you do, just diasble it temporarilly to rule that out.

• Just for fun, download Malwarebytes free , run it and see what it finds.

https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/