Black border bars around E1-510P-4814 screen

Options
aloon
aloon Member Posts: 3 New User
Hello.

First post. Enjoying my new Acer E1 laptop. I installed Linux Mint and got rid of windows 8.1. Everything has been working/running great... except there is a black border about a 1/2 inch wide running all the way around the screen. I've tried without success to get rid of it and can't remember if it was the same when it was running windows.

When I google image search that model of Acer, every pic I see shows the screen image go right to the plastic edge with no black border bars.

Can anyone here tell me if the Acer E1-510P-4814 is suppose to have a 1/2 inch black bar around the edges of the screen?

Thanks inadvance.

Answers

• aloon
    Options
  • aloon
    Options
    When I shut off the laptop and look at the screen, I see the same black strip around it. Starting to think its meant to be there, perhaps part of the touch-screen setup. Still wpuld love to hear from anyone who knows for sure. Thanks.
  • bigbear639
    bigbear639 Member Posts: 33 New User
    Options

Right click on a blank part of your desktop, right click screen resolution. Select the recomended if it shows the size. You can go into advanced settings, "List all modes, try a different mode, it will revert to the current setting. If it appears to be the size you want select OK. This will affect your desktop Icons. You have several different options to resize trhem. One of which is to hold down thw control key and use your scroll wheel till you get a size you like. You can also Right click on th tool bar and select properties or on the start button and select properties. There is a setting to show large or small icons and other preferences.