BSOD due to intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver?

ConnorM
ConnorM Member Posts: 3 New User

I'm getting bluescreen-restarts with the code KERNAL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR. Action Center is giving me a message titled "Solve a problem with Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver" but the solution will not open and it is suggested i check my internet connection (here I am on the internet). When I view the problem's details I am given the following info:

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
Code: 7a
Parameter 1: 4
Parameter 2: 0
Parameter 3: ffffe000aef06440
Parameter 4: ffffc001df65a010
OS version: 6_3_9600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 0x7a_0

I'm on an Aspire M touchscreen ultrabook from roughly 2012. Sorry for the poor description.

Should I download a driver from Intel's website? And if so, could someone point out which one specifically, because there are a few options and I am nervous to mess up my computer somehow. Thanks!

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Download this:

http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php/downloads/func-startdown/94/

(100% turstable website) 

double click the exe and let files extract, browse in the new folder and launch the setup file.

then reboot and check if it BSOD again.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • ConnorM
    ConnorM Member Posts: 3 New User

I clicked RST version 14.5.2 1088 WHQL but there was no download, Tried going to this site and i downloaded what i believe is the proper 64-bit version of the driver but then got "the setup program ended prematurely because of the following issue: platform is not supported". I can't explain this