Aspire (es1-111m-c0fq) goes to sleep even when I tell it not to...

Options
gizmosmith
gizmosmith Member Posts: 3 New User
So it's rocking Windows 8.1. The power setting is set to never sleep when plugged in. In the advanced section, hybrid sleep is disabled. That being said, I'll have it on when I leave the office and it will be asleep when I come in the next morning. I need it to be awake because I'm using it to test some equipment. How do I get it to not go to sleep?

Answers

• boscorelly
    boscorelly Member Posts: 30

Tinkerer

Options

Hi,

is your laptop member of a domain ?

• gizmosmith
    Options
    Nope, workgroup. Just a standalone computer.
  • Alan-London
    Alan-London ACE Posts: 793 Pioneer
    Options

If you are happy that you have all relevant advanced power settings set correctly, you could try the following to disable hibernation:

powercfg -h off

You would enter this at the command line.

Also, have a look at other available options that may help you track down the problem:

powercfg /?

• gizmosmith
    Options

Thanks for your suggestion.  I think I have it figured out now.  Even though I had hibernate disabled, there was still another place where you can set the number of minutes to hibernation either plugged in or on batteries.  I figured those values wouldn't matter if hibernation overall was disabled but I guess they do.

It looks like you can only enter numbers in those boxes (number of minutes) since there are arrows that can increment or decerement the value in the box.  But, I just typed in "Never" into both boxes and it looks like that works.  Time will tell.