Aspire e5-573g Windows Problems

Options
DroidiQ
DroidiQ Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I bought a used laptop from craigslist. Everything is worked well for 3 months. But just yesterday I got a notification of "Your Windows License Will Expire Soon" message. I tried to register the product but it seems like someone else aready registered it.  Since this is an ACER product I was hoping the company could help me with this. 

Thank you

Best Answer

• DroidiQ
    Answer ✓
    Options

This worked... I hope it helps others too

Javik from Neowin

"That message usually only comes up after you activate the OS with a KMS, so if you didn't use a KMS activation yourself, the person that owned the PC before you probably did.

Assuming you have the original key, open an elevated command and enter "slmgr -upk", then reboot. Then enter your Windows 7 key and it should activate. Alternatively, uninstall the product key then sign in again with your insider account."

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

press windows logo key + r

type

slui 4

follow onscreen instructions to activate via phone or try to talk with Microsoft assistance.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • DroidiQ
    Options

Thank you for your quick response. It says it can not be activated by phone. 

Is there any other solutions to this?

Thank you

• IronFly
    Options

press windows logo

type get help

click on Get help

Services & app

Windows

Settings up

Chat online or Call me

• DroidiQ
    Answer ✓
    Options

This worked... I hope it helps others too

Javik from Neowin

"That message usually only comes up after you activate the OS with a KMS, so if you didn't use a KMS activation yourself, the person that owned the PC before you probably did.

Assuming you have the original key, open an elevated command and enter "slmgr -upk", then reboot. Then enter your Windows 7 key and it should activate. Alternatively, uninstall the product key then sign in again with your insider account."

• IronFly
    Options

good to hear it