Aspire e5 573 hdmi port stopped working

imikk3
imikk3 Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi,

I have this problem with my laptop. It was working couple of weeks back but now when I connect the cable the laptop screen goes black and nothing else happens. Tried to update to the latest driver from the Acer website but didn`t solve the problem. Any ideas?

Many thanks

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Have you tried another cable? Blow out the port.

• imikk3
    Yes, I have tried another cable which I use for the PS system but no luck and I also swapped the ports on the TV too. Blew the port with air spray but nothing. Strange...
  • philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Right click on the desktop and select Screen resolution and see what multiple displays is set at. Don't set to only on 2 if you don't have a remote display. This probably won't help, but it doesn't hurt to check.

Did it come with Windows 10 or did you update to 10? If you had 8.1 and everything worked, it is possibly a Win 10 driver problem. It could also be a hardware problem with the HDMI.

Did you reinstall the Intel graphics driver? 

Do you have dual graphics?

Reinstll the Intel graphics driver and then the nVidia driver.

• imikk3

Thanks for replying. Unfortunately none of them works Smiley Sad Downloaded the driver from the intel website and I could not install it becasue the system does not recognize it, then i downloaded one from the Acer website, which was an older driver and it did work but still no HDMI, same problem again, plug in cable then screen goes black sound comes from laptop and nothing happens on the TV

I couldnt install the nVidia driver though

It did come with Win 10 originally and thats why I don`t understand the problem. It did work then it stopped... If it would be a hardware problem, surley the windows could detect this problem if you run a diagnostic test but all is ok. 

What do you mean by dual graphics?