Aspire M5-851t: touchpad and mouse not working.

Options
dweller569
dweller569 Member Posts: 5 New User

OS = Windows 7 Home.  I have MS Office 2010 on my Aspire.  But, I need to install Office 2007 / Access 2007 to test compatibility.  But, once I installed Office 2007 both the USB mouse and touchpad stopped working.  I tried a system recover, but the recovery failed for some reason.

I have uninstalled all of the MS Office products, but I still have the same problem.

I installed the latest Acer touchpad and mouse dirvers, but no joy.  It is interesting to note that I can remotely access the Aspire and the remote mouse and touchpad work just fine.

I have also tried a Windows 7 repair, but it doesn't do the normal repair process.  It asks if I want a repair, and it then opens a crude DOS app that will only do a restore or a startup fix.

I checked the Windows logs and alert and didn't see anything related to this issue.

Thanks.  Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Best Answer

• dweller569
    Answer ✓
    Options

Sorry.  User error.  I didn't know that Fn-F7 would toggle the touchpad.  And, it appears that I have a faulty wireless USB mouse.  Toggling the F7 and swapping mice appears to have solved the problem.

Consider this posting closed.  Best regards.

Answers

• dweller569
    Answer ✓
    Options

Sorry.  User error.  I didn't know that Fn-F7 would toggle the touchpad.  And, it appears that I have a faulty wireless USB mouse.  Toggling the F7 and swapping mice appears to have solved the problem.

Consider this posting closed.  Best regards.