Aspire M5-581T will not boot from SSD.

JuunL
JuunL Member Posts: 3 New User

So recently my HDD crashed and I decided to upgrade my laptop with a SSD so recently I put windows 7 on it and installed it directly on the 20gb that comes on the system. The SSD I bought however does not show up internally but when I put it on a USB to use the SSD as a external it shows up, but I want to truly install it as a bootable drive, I tried using it in AHCI doesnt work, only works in IDE, if I do AHCI the laptop gets stuck at the "acer" screen. I already formatted it and everything just incase. It only boots from the internal SSD and it is so frustrating.

Does anyone have any solutions on how to make this computer recongnize the SSD? thank you.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

the new SSD is listed on BIOS as SATA device?

by the way the 20GB SSD was intended as intel cache drive. 

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • JuunL

The SSD is not recongnized in bios, only when I use it as an external drive it is recongnized, even when I put in the win7 disk it doesnt even see it until I connect it via USB :/

• JuunL

Also once I find a solution to get windows 7 or get the SSD bootable I will clean out the OS off the 20gb installed SSD

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

you can't do much if your SSD is not recognised from BIOS, the SSD must be listed on BIOS, so try another brand.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • boscorelly
    boscorelly Member Posts: 30

Tinkerer

Is your bios up to date ?

which ssd it is ?