Aspire M5-481TG

Options
rahulhanda
rahulhanda Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi,

i want to know how can i install fresh OS (Microsoft windows 10) in my laptop, as i can see a 500GB hard drive & 20 GB SSD drive installed. is their any way to do the same? i checked so many documents on the internet but not getting the help.

Thanks

Rahul handa

Answers

• Unheard
    Unheard Member Posts: 39 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options

Namaste,

write a Windows-image to a USB key, leave it in, and restart the laptop.

Best regards,

Thomas

• rahulhanda
    Options

Hi Thomas,

Thanks to quick turarround!!

So the OS will be install on Hard drive or SSD

Thanks.

• Unheard
    Options

Windows 10 should be installed on HDD, as your 20GiB SSD seems way too small.

You can do an automatic install or select the device/partitions yourself. Let Windows do this for you.

• rahulhanda
    Options

ok, got it..

one more thing post OS installed can i access 20 GB SSD from my computer as rights now its not showing in my computer.

but i can see the same in disk management in 2 partitations & both are free.

• Unheard
    Options

rahulhanda wrote:

ok, got it..

one more thing post OS installed can i access 20 GB SSD from my computer as rights now its not showing in my computer.

but i can see the same in disk management in 2 partitations & both are free.

If they do not show up, you need to assign a drive letter (also in disk management).

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

your 20GB SSD is used as Intel smart response SSD, a way to speed up the data transfer from the HDD, so don't touch its partitions.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/000005501.html

if you do a windows 10 clean install, you need to re-install software and activate the Smart response.

I'm not an Acer employee.