Aspire M5-481PT Not Booting

Options
eelewis7
eelewis7 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi all,

I know next to nothing about the finer details about computers, let alone fixing them, so I need your help.

I've got an Aspire M5-481PT that's never given me too many problems other than some general freezing/unresponsive issues every now and then. I recently upgraded to Windows 10 a couple of weeks ago. It had been working fine for a few days, but then we started getting problems. A couple of days ago it brought up a hard disk error. My wife tried backing it up but it didn't work. The computer, however worked fine again for a while. After the error kept coming up, I looked online for some help and decided to run chkdsk /r. It did that upon reboot and was scanning and repairng C: fine until it seemingly stalled at 11%. This lasted for 30 hours with no change, so I ended up turning it off and trying again. Well, it wouldn't boot correctly nor start the disk check, so I hit F12, got to the command and tried chkdsk again. It says that the type of the file system is RAW and couldn't run. Now I can't find any solution to make it boot correctly. Any suggestions?

Answers