Aspire M3-581PTG broken left hinge

DGS
DGS Member Posts: 3 New User

After just 21 months ownership the left hinge on my Aspire M£-581PTG laptop snapped. The laptop has been well cared for. To avoid damage to the screen we have not been able to use the laptop. This happened over 6 months ago. Acer help desk were not helpful. "Send us the computer and we will do diagnostics on it for GBP 80". With the help of a local independent computer repairer, we worked out the hinge part which needs to be replaced. However, our suppplier has had this part on order since May. There is no clarity from Acer as to why the part is not available and when or if it will become available. Reading other posts in this forum, I see that this hinge fracture problem is not uncommon. I'm distinctly unimpressed with Acer quality and lack of service. Need to get a new laptop and it certainly won't be an ACER.

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,019 Trailblazer

Hello,

Only for information:

Do you need these parts? or the plastic part?

I'm not an Acer employee. I'm just a volunteer/member.

France
  • DGS

Hi laurent-14

Thanks for your reply. We have been advised that we need to purchase laptop lid with the hinges: Acer part #60.M3KN5.002. This is the part which has been on order since May and Acer is unable to advise if/when it will be available.

• Horsecyle
    Horsecyle Member Posts: 1 New User

I've just come across this thread. My Acer M3-581PTG has now suffered exactly the same problem, same hinge and same difficulty in acquiring parts. 

Is anybody aware of whether these parts are now available or who I should contact to find out? 

Thank you

• DGS

Hi

These parts remained unavailable and there was continuing lack of information from Acer about if the parts would be become available. We gave up and got another computer (a different brand).

DGS