Aspire ES1-521 eRecovery problems

Options
vanisle78
vanisle78 Member Posts: 1 New User

I have an Aspire ES1-521 that came with Windows 8.1.  I wanted to upgrade to Windows 10.  I prefer to clean install all OS installations.  Before I did this I created a USB recovery stick with the eRecovery software as added protection in case something happened to the recovery partition on the hard drive.  Because of the way the free Windows 10 upgrade works I did an upgrade on top of the Windows 8.1 installation.  Windows 10 installed fine and activated as expected.  I restarted system from a Windows 10 USB stick I created.  I then proceded to install a fresh copy of Windows 10 by formatting the main drive and then installing.  I didn't mess with any of the other partitions as I knew they contained the original Windows 8.1 image.  Windows 10 installed and activated like I figured.  To make a long story short I dislike the new Windows and want to restore back to original.  I've tried to access the recovery partition with ALT-F10 but it doesn't work.  I then tried to boot off the USB recovery stick I created but the system won't boot off it either.  Maybe a bad USB stick or bad copy.  I tried to install the eRecovery software from the Drivers and Applications USB I made in Windows 10 and when I try and restore that way it gives me an error "hard drive config not set to factory etc".  The original recovery partitions are all still there as I didn't mess with them.  I figure it's got something to do with the computer not "seeing" the recovery partition as something on the main OS driver was probably erased when I formatted it to fresh install Windows 10.  I've even tried creating a USB recovery stick from Windows 10 but all that does is bring up Windows recovery options and not the Acer eRecovery software I need to restore computer from the recovery partition.  Anyone know what I can do to fix this?  Or other things to try?

Thanks for any help.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

to have the USB erecovery working, you need to wipe completly your HDD or it will give you errors, like HDD configuration.

you can use the window 10 recovery media creation, it's the same software that use Acer erecovery.

by the way i'm not 100% sure it will create the USB with windows 8.1 recovery partition.

you can also try to restore the correct partition recovery:

https://www.winhelp.us/restore-windows-re.html

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Options

vanisle,

I had the exact same problem last winter when I was using Windows 10 technical preview.  Did you figure it out yet?  Or do you need more help?

I'm not an Acer employee.