Aspire ES1-511 - BIOS update Crashed my laptop

worf6161
worf6161 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello, I am new to this forum. I have a crashed Laptop that has been this weay for over a year, because It is Out of warranty and I have been unable to correct the problem.

I have an Aspire E 15 ES1-511-P1T9. I am not sure what the Version of the BIOS was at the time I ran the update, as It had not been updated before. I am currently running Win 8.0/8.1 (Factory OS with free upgrade). It has been upgraded from 4GB - 8GB RAM. It had been running fine after hardware upgrade for a while, until the BIOS update ran. I ran a BIOS update that was recommended from Acer (In an email) and when the laptop rebooted, it would not POST. There is now a Password on my CMOS that was not there before. Usually I would REMOVE the CMOS battery and then Clear the BIOS, but the Battery is Solidered to the Motherboard, and I see no jumper. The only solutions I have found have been for a PC motherboard, not for a laptop.

How do I RESET the BIOS to FACTORY settings (version) so that I can boot up the laptop. It is in pieces right now so I can actively SEE anything that needs to be seen. I have not been able to find any documantation to support such a procedure, I am hoping someone has an Idea. Like I said, It is already apart, and if I cannot reserrect it, it is pretty much toast if it won't boot. I am not familliar with the Aspire series so I do not know if there are other models that have this same issue.

Thank you.

Answers

• tontytots
    tontytots Member Posts: 77 Troubleshooter

we would commend a full re-boot of the system, maybe check where update has been stored

• Lewism
    Lewism Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello! I'm having the exact same problem as you with my ES1-511! Did you manage to fix it? It's a shame mine isn't under warranty anymore, but I took mine apart only to find out that the CMOS battery is soldered on... my laptop only turns on with no display or anything for about 3 seconds then straight off again, I've looked through all of the forums I could find and no answer, please help, thanks.