Aspire ES1-131 Keeps randomly shutting off

Options
vliberae
vliberae Member Posts: 4 New User

Hello there, does anyone know how to resolve issues regarding random and sudden shutting down/ turning off of the netbook?
Mine turns off whether on battery mode or plugged in.
I've checked the Bios and it has the latest version installed.
I've tried running it in safe mode and did a stress test and it still went off.

I've tried tightening the screws but the problem still persists.

Sent it to an authorized Acer store and they've formatted it but still to no avail.

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Options

Hi vliberae

Does it also switch off when idling? (IE when it is doing nothing)

It sounds as if it may be overheating. It could be from a build up of dust, have you tried cleaning it? See here.

• vliberae
    Options

Hi there Finlux,

Yes it does, there are times that it would turn off while in Idle or even during hibernation/sleep mode.

I haven't cleaned my unit yet considering that it was freshly out of the box when the problem occured plus I wouldn't really have any idea which part to clean considering that this unit has no fan built in it.
    The maximum temp I got while stress testing it (using Aida64- not really sure if it is an accurate application to use) was around 34-36 degrees Celsius. I'm just unsure if it was the cause for it to go off.

• finlux
    Options

That temperature seems OK to me. I've not tried Aida64 myself, although I've heard good things about it.

Have you checked Event Viewer, just in case there are any issues reported there?

• vliberae
    Options

Nice suggestion, There are a lot of reports and I honestly don't know which to prioritize first. 
    Any tips on which aspect to work on first? Tnx

• finlux
    Options
    Look for anything marked with an error with regards to an unecpected shutdown. The Event ID should be able to supply a reason - hopefully Smiley Wink
  • vliberae
    Options

Kung Hei Fat Choi!
            I'm browsing the log and most of the events listed are the result of the sudden power off. Still looking for any possible hints that caused this.

• finlux
    Options

Kung Hei Fat Choi to you too my friend!

I think then, the problem goes a little deeper. Return to the authorized Acer store for a full testing of your PC.