Aspire E5-575G doesn't recognise the USB ports

IrisPersica
IrisPersica Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello,

I had to install Windows 7 x64 on an Acer Aspire E5-575G-527G (Legacy Boot). Even though I've installed the intel eXtensible Host Controller driver, the USB ports are still categorised as 'Unknown Devices'. Windows automatic driver search led to no fruitation. While installating RtsXStor, the system seemed to struggle to recognise the devices, but ultimately failed.

Would appreciate some help. Smiley Happy

Screenshot.jpg

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

The E5-575G was designed for Win 10 and no consideration was given for Windows 7. A correct chipset driver and I/O driver is needed for usb and you may not have one of them. Look at device manager/ IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers for your chipset. Right click on the "unknown devices" in Universal Serial Bus Controllers and select uninstall and reboot.

If your bios isn't at 1.15, I would update that too.

• IrisPersica
    IrisPersica Member Posts: 2 New User

It struggled to recognise the device through the Windows Update database, but failed.

BIOS version is 1.04. Is there any trusted site where I can get a compatible update? As you stated, Acer doesn't support Windows 7.

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

The bios update is for the motherboard. Unless stated, it is O/S independant.