Aspire E5-575G USB/SD port failure and loses wireless capabilities

Options
Ryan3
Ryan3 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I purchased my Aspire E5-575G in December and started having issues in February. First, it would lose wireless capabilities and act as if there was no wireless card available. Restarting didnt resolve the issue, I normally had to leave the computer off for extended periods of time. Then the front left usb port stopped working until I did the same thing to fix the wireless. The computer stopped coming out of sleep mode which heavilly drained the battery and finally blue screened on me and I couldnt start the computer up anymore. I pulled everything of in safemode then reinstalled windows but immediately had the same port and wireless issues. I mailed it in for repairs and they replaced the wireless card and updated my bios. I got the computer back on 3/9 and was having the same issues within the first day. I contacted support and they suggested I turn of sleep mode, stop charging my computer to 100% and turn it off if I wasnt going to use it for more than a couple hours. They also suggested I return my laptop for repairs...this suggestion happened 12 hours after receiving it back from repairs. I need this laptop for work and cant afford to have it sit in your repair center, I also dont want to have to baby it just to keep functionality.

Has anyone else experienced these issues? Is there a fix to them?

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    Options

We apologize for the inconvenience.

In this case your unit needs to be sent to repair again to our technicians

http://customercare.acer.com/customercare/Default.aspx#_ga=1.154728763.263337500.1415824428

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

No, my 575g been flawless. That said I turned off sleep and hibernate modes day one. Had too many issues over the years with both of those features not working like they should so I just shut down besides ssd drive boots so fast not a issue. When on I do have screen and hard drive timers set to 15mins inactivity to time out. As for your current issues, it is so new I can not suggest opening it up to check things over but doubt it's software related. First best guess is battery needs a reset. They have a button on bottom near center to stick paper clip in, try that. The only other way is to pop off bottom cover and disconnect the battery for a while then obviously plug back in and reassemble. After this gets tricky. The wifi module is separate from USB and seeing both are being effected I would assume a power issue, either from battery to motherboard or motherboard itself which both cases are Acer warranty fixes if you get a tech there to do the job right and not some high school line tester that runs a 2 min diagnostic and says it's fine.