Aspire E5-575G Geforce 940m NOT DETECTED

Options
VegasWhoa
VegasWhoa Member Posts: 79 Devotee WiFi Icon
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hopefully someone can help me out with my Aspire E5-575G.  Everything was working fine until, SO IT SEEMS, after Windows Anniversary Update.   I started getting WHEA Logger erros in event viewer and a BSOD with unexpected hardware failure took place.   This all happened while having the latest BIOS updated too.  Well now, the Geforce 940 is no longer detected in device manager or the BIOS.   Again, with everything updated, even the bios, this machine worked great. 

I did one RESET option and that did not resolve the issue

I went into device manager and under I/O PCIe root port, I rolled back drivers to an older version to see if that would help. I did that to all 4 and scanned for hardware changes.  VOILA!!! OTHER HARDWARE FOUND!!  3D VIDEO CONTROLLER.   Unfortunately ALL 5 DRIVERS i have didn't work AND WOULDN'T DETECT THE GPU. After a few reboots, the OTHER HARDWARE vanished.

I downloaded original drivers for NVIDIA off of Acer's website and even 4 different versions off  of NVIDIA's website(new, old & older).  No GPU can be detected. 

I then tried to do a factory reset in recovery mode and for whatever reason, it couldn't complete the operation.  Stopped at 11% and stopped with UNDOING CHANGES. 

I then created via the Windows 10 tool a USB windows 10 installation off of Microsoft website.  I formatted the drive completely and reinstalled windows 10.  Still nothing.  

Anyone have any ideas?????