Aspire E5-575G-57D4... Will I get my laptop or not?

Options
Toottoot
Toottoot Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
On February 9th I ordered:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LD4MGY4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_DjoVybVE77KR9

At the time, it said 3 to 6 weeks. No problem, it's a great laptop for a great deal. Checked again roughly a week ago and it said 1 to 2 months. That sucks, but oh well. Now it says currently unavailable. "We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock".

This was concerning, so I contacted Amazon support. They basically said they were doing everything they could to correct this problem and procure this item from the manufacturer, but they had no information to give me.

So, I'm wondering if I could hear anything from an Acer representative? That would be reassuring. I need this item for school.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

if it wasn't directly sold by Acer, Acer can't do anything about this issue; it's a seller-Amazon fault.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Toottoot
    Toottoot Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    The seller appears to be Acer America, or at least they've been the ones answering consumer questions on the item listing. They have the 'MANUFACTURER' tag. Amazon told me they were trying to get information from the manufacturer.

So unless I am missing something (which I could be), Acer is the one selling it through Amazon. I'd just like some information on the laptop in general, too, as I haven't seen it sold anywhere else. Is it still being manufactured? Can I purchase it elsewhere?