Aspire E5-575G-513Y is overheating

Options
ELAssy
ELAssy Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

My Laptop  E5-575G-513Y is getting overheating the last 2 months and i can't touch the bottom beacuase of it. The charger also is getting overheating after a while when i plugging in to my laptop.

Any help please ??

Answers

• DidiMidi
    DidiMidi Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

My E5-551G overheated from day one, and this is what i had to do in order to keep temps at bay without voiding the warranty. I wish you luck on that front because reapplying thermal paste WILL void it.

Anyway, try running HWiNFO64 while you use your system as you normally would for a while. It will better help you understand what's going on and if there's thermal throttling or not. If there's not, you could TRY to lower the clockspeed and the voltage so it doesn't put out that much heat but i understand that it's a far from perfect "solution".

Also, i'd recommend that you thorougfully test your system with something to stress the CPU (such as prime95) and something like FurMark for the GPU while you monitor whit HWiNFO64 and/or your tool of choice. If even with proper cooling (e.g. a cooling pad) the system overheats and throttles you should be entitled for a refund.

PS: If you're not using a cooling pad, raise the laptop a few inches from the surface of the table, at the very least, and NEVER ever run it on a mattres/bed/sofa/etc.