Aspire E5-572G randomly drops WIFI

lfern65
lfern65 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

My laptop will randomly drop its WIFI connection.  There seems to be no rhyme or reason, nor is there any pattern that I've been able to detect.  It has done this pretty much since it was new.  I have gone months without it dropping WIFI, but in the past 2 months, it's been happening with more frequency.  Once the WIFI drops, I cannot reconnect.  It will not recognize the router.  If I put my laptop to sleep and immediately wake it, (basically close my laptop until the light goes out and reopen the lid and hit the spacebar) my WIFI returns and works normally.

I am running Windows 10, but it did this with Windows 8.1.  I have all of the current and available drivers installed.  I have numerous other devices in the house using WIFI and none of them have this issue.  Also, this is the second router that this laptop drops WIFI with.  The network card is Qualcomm Atheros AR956X.

Any ideas other than a piece of ***** network card?

Best Answer

• lfern65
    Answer ✓

Well, this forum seems somewhat useless.  Two weeks and no reply, but I did seem to find a fix elsewhere.  I went into the Device manager and uninstalled the card.  I then shut down and restarted the machine.  The system found the card and I've not had the wifi drop since I did this three days ago.  I did read that some people had to reboot twice for the card to connect.

Hopefully this will help someone else that's having this issue.

Answers

• lfern65
    Answer ✓

Well, this forum seems somewhat useless.  Two weeks and no reply, but I did seem to find a fix elsewhere.  I went into the Device manager and uninstalled the card.  I then shut down and restarted the machine.  The system found the card and I've not had the wifi drop since I did this three days ago.  I did read that some people had to reboot twice for the card to connect.

Hopefully this will help someone else that's having this issue.