Aspire E5-551g battery backup

Options
arulprabin
arulprabin Member Posts: 3 New User

i bought this laptop a week ago and installed win 10 and did a full update..

the specs says 7hrs battery backup. so i expected at least 4 hrs backup.. i have the brightness set to 10% and mostly browse or watch videos and keep the wifi on and bluetooth off n all. still im getting only about 2:30 hrs backup only, is it normal or should  i replace?

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

If you let it idle on battery, it will probably last 7 hrs. Basically like your phone, it will last a long time on standby.

If you are doing work and things it will use it up. If you can use it for 2hrs 30min on battery, I'd say that's good.

• arulprabin
    Options

thanks for the reply... i have seen people commenting on other communities and ecommerce websites that they r getting 3:30 - 4:00 hrs backup. also i read that 6-cell battries gives 4+ hrs backup thats y thought i got a faulty one so wanted to replace. are u  owner of e5-551g ? how many hours backup u r getting?

• philetus
    Options

No E5, but I have 2 V3-551, 1 Aspire 5250, had a V5-551 and the batteries would all last for hours if you let it idle.

As soon as you start using it, it eats up the batterys.2 Lenovos same thing.

• IMYNHATEB
    IMYNHATEB Member Posts: 10 New User
    Options

I have the same laptop battery holds 4-5 hours windows 7 and windows 10 , only in this laptop I do not like is the Monitor , perhaps I did not wait the normal BIOS to expand at 1366 by 768 is not flashed streaks, as it works perfectly only to expand on 1280 720 or above or below

• arulprabin
    Options

so, i should get it replaed? its just 1 week old and still have 20 days to claim a replaement. thats y asking

• philetus
    Options

If you believe you should be getting longer back up life and you can get it replaced, you should probably do so.