Aspire E5-551G-T430 Hyper-V

Options
jpbennett
jpbennett Member Posts: 3 New User

I recently purchased the Aspire E5-551G-T430. As a programmer/web app developer I do some of my prototype development and testing in VMs via Virtual Box. However, when I attempted to install Virtual Box, I was limited to only 32-bit installation options.

I have run the AMD VwithRVI_Hyper-V_Compatibility Utility -- all it tells me is that Hyper-V has not been enabled in BIOS. They have pointed me to several generic How to videos on uTube, but none match the system bios.  I have contacted Acer Customer Support via Chat, but no one can tell me with absolute certainty if this laptop supports hardware virtualization (Hyper-V) or how to enable it in BIOS.

Is there a pending BIOS update/patch that will provide access to the required setting?  Please advise.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

as far as i know Acer BIOS for AMD has hyper-v disabled (i don't know the reason).

the only "solution" is to enable hyper-v with a modified BIOS but...we can't talk about that here.

google a bit to find boards/community about this kind of things Smiley Wink

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • jpbennett
    jpbennett Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

IronFly,

Thank you for your reply. I was definitely thinking that there was an "underground" solution for the BIOS since Acer has remained silent and their customer support representatives do not seem to be able to direct me to a solution or provide definitive answers.

I will take your advice and scour various boards and communities.

Cheers!

• IronFly
    Options

You welcome.

• IMYNHATEB
    IMYNHATEB Member Posts: 10 New User
    Options

maybe you do something wrong, because the 7300 has support for virtualization on my 7500 all works, check the program securable and try to update the BIOS

• Siwat2545
    Siwat2545 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Enable VM and Visuralisation in bios setup

• IronFly
    Options
    No such options on BIOS.