Aspire E5-511P USB mouse not working

benjamin6776
benjamin6776 Member Posts: 7 New User

Hi so im having a problem where for some reason my USB mouse wont work.  In the device manager it says its working properly but my mouse still wont move on the laptop and i have to use a touchpad instead.  I tried reseting my laptop hopefully it would refresh and make my USB mouse work again but i still have the same problem again. Does anyone else have this problem and have an idea on how to fix it?  I also tried downloading chiptune for this laptop and it still doesn't work.

Answers

• benton582
    benton582 Member Posts: 213 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Try to use another usb port and see if it works, then see if it is turned on. If both these do not work, try finding drivers for your mouse model, and download it while the mouse is detected. If all these do not work, your mouse may be dead.

• benjamin6776

I tried using another USB port and it still did not work.  I dont think the mouse is dead since i tried it on another laptop and it still worked. What do you mean by drivers for mouse model? 

• benton582

Usually, the mouse itself has its own drivers(which is what the mouse uses to know what you want it to do, eg. Moving right, and that command is translated by the driver, so Windows can know what the mouse is doing. And on screen it then moves right.)

Try checking Device Manager, and reinstall the driver in "Mice and other pointing devices". I can do this as well if you give me the model. But first, do you hear it plug in when you insert the mouse and Windows making a sound that indicates it is detected?

• benjamin6776

Ok so i think i reinstalled by uninstalling it, removed the USB mouse and putting it back in but I don't see any notifcation saying its plugged in or hear anything saying its there. For some reason even when i uninstalled it and I removed the USB mouse from the laptop, it is still there saying there is a HID-compliant mouse and it says its working properly even though i unplugged the USB mouse.  How do i find my mouse's model?  Im not that much of a tech guy.

• benton582

It should say on the mouse itself, or where you ordered it from. Try looking under the mouse.

• benjamin6776

Its a HP mouse model i think.  Thats all i could find from under the mouse.  You got any other solutions you can think of for this problem?

• benton582

I can't exactly do anything without knowing that model.

As the drivers are probably correct, and connecting, meaning that the computer is linked to the mouse, so controlling the mouse is not the problem. So move the computer itself out of the way, it has to be the mouse itself.

But what you can try is see if...

1. See if the mouse has any lights indicating connection.

2. See if it is switched off both in the OS or mouse.

3. Try another mouse, and if it doesn't work, maybe check Mouse properties or reinstall your OS.

• benjamin6776

I tried using 2 mouses on my laptop and there was no lights on the mouse for both of them but when I used both mouses on another laptop however, both of them were working perfectly fine and they had a light for both of the mouses.

• benton582

This is a VERY strange problem, judging from the evidence provided:

-Mouse is DETECTED in Device Manager, (You should see two mouses in that section if this is true when you connect it.) Please confirm.

-Mouse does not function or power on when connected to USB port. And mouse doesn't require a battery?

-Mouse works perfectly with lights on other laptop.

I don't know, but trying to look for solutions, try downloading this. A I/O update that might fix it, and bear with me, I don't really know what else to go on with.

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/IO%20Drivers/IO%20Drivers_Intel_604.10135.1001.53001_W10x64_A.zip?acerid=635754850306014634&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE%20E5-511P&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

If that still does not work, try reinstalling your OS, or get your warranty out.

• benjamin6776

For the mouse detection part there is only one that I see in the mice and other pointing devices in the device manager which is the HID-compliant mouse and thats it. I dont think my mouse requires a battery. 

Is reinstalling OS like reseting the entire laptop and wiping everything? If not how do i do it? like I said not that much of a tech guy.

I really appreciate you helping out my problem benton.

Also "bear with me" hehe since your profile pictures a panda bear lol.

• benton582

Heheheh. Thanks Benjamin. I don't exactly know what to do at this point. Because either your motherboard's ports are broken, or the OS isn't recieving the signal correctly.

But since we basically isolated the problem to a known area, which are the USB ports and/or OS.

Try this solution: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/817900

-Use method 3.

• benjamin6776

I tried to do the methods (including method 3) but still doesn't work for some reason.  The only method i didnt try was the workaround method from the link because when i got to services in that method there was more than one USB folder and since this was an advanced method i didn't really want to take the risk of breaking my laptop.