Aspire E5-491G screen upgrade

Options
oilxxx
oilxxx Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello,

I have an Aspire E5-491-76ZL. I've been looking at replacing the original screen with IPS FHD screen.

Once, I have been doing some research. I see threads like this  which lead me the possible but I'd rather confirm before I buy anything.

My original display: HB140WX1-301

Model: E5-491-76ZL

My first ten S/N : NXGA8ST004

I would like to know which screen should I use to replace and if I may have troubles with the current cable ?

Thanks.

Answers

• Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

Your current panel

IMG_0591.PNGWhat kind of upgrade are you looking for? Most of them in your type are tn displays. Few are a bit brighter. Would to dig a bit more for shot at isp panel which tend to have better color and view angles. Example-

IMG_0592.PNG

ips- higher resolution and brightness and contrast but does draw a bit more power, battery life will be little lower. Cable should be fine. eDP 30 pin. 1 lane is your panel, lower res/color. The ips here is same but 2 lane panel thus higher res/color. When you order one make sure you get what your asking for, many sub in compatible and specs can vary greatly. Personally had good recent experience with Amazon/east coast LCD. Cost a few extra $ but quick, exact and double checked, hassle free.

• oilxxx
    oilxxx Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thank for kindly inform me. Smiley Happy

As, your sugguest IPS FHD panel that item is one of my list.

But in term of technical i still a bit worry about how different btw 30edp 1lane vs 2lane.

Thank you

• Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options
    1. eDP = embedded display port. This is a type of interface for video, considered better than lvds. Uses standardized format, lower power use and less cable. There are 30 and 40 pin versions. Lanes refer to the panel itself. More lanes it has, more visual output you see. Just to summarize this stuff for you. The panel look website has nearly every panel made.  It shows you details of the panels like thickness, size, power needs, connector and location, mounting points, type and performance specs. So...you pull up your panel details and take notes, heck take some photos with your phone if you want. Then pull up in this case 14" panels. Look for upgrade based on interface (eDP) 30 pin, connector location, size around it, thickness, mounting, power need, performance features your looking for. Certain brands have better specs, AUO is one of them. The one I pictured above was just a quick search. It should serve your needs well. Full HD 1080, more color (noted as %ntsc- higher better), higher brightness and contrast, same finish ( not glossy ), same voltage, same mount points and connector type and location. Almost identical size and thickness but as noted will draw more power. Will be considered "high gamut" and your system has plenty of power to support the extra resolution and color. 

Most of these newer Acer laptops are easy to replace that panel. Using a small flat screwdriver work the viewing side of the LCD plastic trim (that 1/2" frame around lcd) by popping it loose from top and Down both sides then bottom. Held on by just snap clips. Once off 4 screws hold LCD.  On bottom right behind LCD will be 30pin connector with tape helping it stay in place remove/loosen tape, carefully and then unplug connector. Remove LCD and reverse all this with new panel. 30-60 min job.