Aspire E3-112 audio service will not enable.

Options
chevinchaser
chevinchaser Member Posts: 2 New User

Realtek speakers are set as default device.

Tried updating drivers and windows has determined that drivers are up to date.

Is there anything else I could try?

Answers

• Syed13149
    Syed13149 Member Posts: 28 Troubleshooter
    Options

Hi there!

Did you try wearing earphones? I want you to give me all options so that I can better assess the situation...thanks

• chevinchaser
    chevinchaser Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi. Just had a quick try on you tube with earphones. No sound coming thru and videos not running properly. Same videos ok on another laptop. Think I read something earlier about probs caused by AVG antivirus. Could it be that?

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

yes, AVG gave some issues on the past on Realtek audio service.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • SummerGreen
    SummerGreen Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Regarding the "The Audio service is not running" issue, please first try start the Windows Audio service by the steps below:

1. Click the Start Button, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the Search Bar and press Enter to start Services.

2. In the right pane, please check whether the Windows Audio service is started. 3. If not, please double click the service.

In the tab "General ", make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic".

Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start this service.

If the service cannot be started, please also check the following services:

Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Multimedia Class Scheduler Windows Audio Endpoint Builder Also, you can run audio

Troubleshooter by going to Start -> Control Panel -> Troubleshooting -> Troubleshooting audio playback -> Follow the wizard to complete the troubleshoot.

If the issue persists, please also test the issue in Clean Boot.

If the issue disappears in the Clean Boot environment, we can use a 50/50 approach to quickly narrow down which entry is causing the issue. Hope this helps.