Aspire E17 camera not working

Options
evoconian
evoconian Member Posts: 9 New User

My Aspire E17's camera app is not working. I have enabled all features for it under privacy, yet still nothing. It will start, the 'camera on' notification will pop up, but then it closes the program and 'camera off' appears. Any help reguarding this is greatly appreciated!

Best Answer

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Have you tried loading an app like skype or another camera app to see if the camera is working at all? You could try reloading your OS to see if that will fix it. Win 10 has an option to let you keep your data so you won't lose anything. If that doesn't fix it, it may have a hardware problem that requires repair.

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Options

What operating system are you running?

What Camera app are you using?

• evoconian
    Options

I am running Windows 10 Home Edition, 64 bit. I am using the pre-installed 'Camera' app for Windows 10.

• Blayn-Acer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Have you tried loading an app like skype or another camera app to see if the camera is working at all? You could try reloading your OS to see if that will fix it. Win 10 has an option to let you keep your data so you won't lose anything. If that doesn't fix it, it may have a hardware problem that requires repair.
  • evoconian
    Options

I have now. The issue is apparently with the app, not the hardware. I will see if reloading the OS will do anything. Thank you for your help on this issue!