Aspire E15 E5-573G-52G3 behaving oddly when left overnight

Options
Jalathas
Jalathas Member Posts: 6 New User

I suppose I'll start by saying that I, of course, am aware that you're not supposed to leave your computer running overnight. That said, I was under the impression that this was primarily an overheat concern, and I feel like a brand new laptop that's not running anything taxing shouldn't be having quite this many problems?

IT really seems like the problems are different every night, too. The one consistency is that one or more of my browser windows will be mysteriously unloaded, despite having been left open the evening before. Other than that I've had days where the computer simply failed to exit its sleep mode without a full restart, and this morning the wireless adapter simply wasn't functioning when I woke the computer.

Googling the problem suggests it could be a driver issue, but Acer Care Center doesn't show any new updates and after some incidents with supposedly more recent drivers from Intel's site I've learned not to bother with driver updates that aren't directly from the laptop maufacturer.

EDIT: Further google hunting suggests that changing my power settings should fix the wifi problem, but I'm still concerned about the fact that it sometimes just completely fails to wake up.

Answers

• benton582
    benton582 Member Posts: 213 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

The browser is unloading because of the mysterous wifi disconnection you have, did you try uninstalling the driver, but first installing the most recent from here: http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

OR use Windows's troubleshooters? I'm not sure about the waking problem though, I'll let one the other professionals answer that, I wish you luck!

• Jalathas
    Jalathas Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options

Thanks for the tip. Like I mentioned, I think my wireless settings were the problem there, it was turning off the adapter to save power despite being plugged in, and then not turning it back on. As to the other, it turns out my hard drive is failing and the laptop is on its way to Acer repair. So that's that I guess.

• benton582
    benton582 Member Posts: 213 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

Lol, good timing. I'm having kind of the same problem, computer won't turn off correctly. Hard drive couldn't turn off unless I force shutdown. Thinking of replacing the HDD.