Aspire E14/E5-411-C3K3 performs very slow

Options
cathe
cathe Member Posts: 1 New User

I'm a bit disappointed of the perfomance of my Aspire E 14/E5-411-C3K3's performace. My sister just bought this last December 2014 considering that it is new and since yesterday it was my frist time to use this to do my paper works. It was totally wasted my time. I wasn't able to do my work. I was asking sister why this performs very slow even in saving, browsing it takes time and can't do multitasking where it stops/hangs up in a while. Not to mention as you switches it on or off, it takes time to open. Sorry for this complain, I really appreciate for your time in answering or explanationing my concerns. Thank you very much for taking time to read and I look forward to know the best that I can do improve my notebook's performance. God bless!

Answers

• Syed13149
    Syed13149 Member Posts: 28 Troubleshooter
    Options

Hi there!

The problem is with the RAM size. The laptop ships with only 2GB RAM which is very insuficient for 'intensive' multi tasking or the way you use it.

On the bright side, the RAM can be upgraded to a maximum of 8GB which I suggest you get it done!

• ShowsOn
    ShowsOn Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    Options

If you can't afford to upgrade the RAM I would consider installing the 32 bit version of Windows instead of the 64 bt version which uses less RAM. I was surprised that my ES1-411 that came with 2 GB RAM shipped with the 64 bit version of Windows 8.1 installed, the 32 bit version would make much more sense on this computer.

I upgraded it to 8 GB instead and it works very nicely with 64 bit windows 8.1 and Windows 10.