Aspire E1 stuck in boot loop when factory reset interrupted

Options
Sprig
Sprig Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
I just inherited hubby's E1 510p a month or so ago. Uninstalled/deleted all his stuff so I would have lots of room for games. Games quit working last weekend, spent several days working with game site to correct. No luck. Decided since the memory still showed mostly full with his movies that I had removed (& deleted his account after) that I wanted to do factory reset. My son started it up and we left it alone for quite a while. Last I noticed it was around 85% done & had been moving along swiftly. When I checked it again screen was black and no activity. I tapped the mouse pad to bring up the screen to check progress. Nothing happened, so I figured it was done & had powered down. I thought wrong. Power button caused it to get stuck in a boot loop. Now am unable to get out of it. I tried every thing I could find online. But nothing mentions being stuck there. I cannot access ANYTHING else. Cycles from Acer screen to off and back again. I have a usb drive with recovery program from Windows downloaded by hubby but can do nothing with it. It was running Windows 10 before this fiasco started. Any help?? Or do I need to pay someone to fix my screwup? TIA for any help!!

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

already tried to press Alt+F10 at boot?

if it's not working, try to create a windows 10 USB bootable media, following this instructions:

1) download a windows 10 iso using Microsof tool:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209
    select the proper windows 10 version (the same installed on your laptop) and choose to save it as iso file when prompted
    2) download Rufus:
    http://rufus.akeo.ie/?locale=en_US
    plug your USB flash drive, run Rufus then:
    select ISO image from the dropdown menu near "Create a bootable disk"
    click on the little icon on the right and browse to the windows 10 downloaded iso file
    as Partitions scheme select "GPT partition scheme for UEFI"
    as File system select "FAT32"
    click on Start
    wait until it finish, then uplug your USB flash drive
    3) backup all your personal data
    4) Reboot to BIOS, pressing F2 at boot, then press F9 to load default and F10 to save and exit
    5) plug your USB flash drive and at boot press F12 (if F12 doesn't work, see if it auto-recognise the USB flash drive or press F2 to enter BIOS and enable F12 boot menu under BOOT tab), choose the USB flash drive as bootable device
    6) proceed with windows 10 installation

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Sprig
    Sprig Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thank you for the quick reply. I had cramped fingers trying alt F10! No success. I am literally stuck in a loop with no way to choose or type anything from anywhere.????
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

so the USB flash drive is your only solution.

I'm not an Acer employee.