Aspire E1 572 problems with suspension mode after upgrade to Windows 10

Options
luizmedeiros87
luizmedeiros87 Member Posts: 4 New User

Hello everyone,

I'm having serious issues with my E1 572 after i've upgrade to Windows 10. At first it was looking pretty okay, but suddenly my Notebook stoped to work everytime i try to suspend it. The screen goes black, but all the LEDs keeps on and i can't do anything to return it from this state, unless i do a hard reset. I'm worrying with this situation because my previous Notebook had a similar problem and its HDD just broke after few weeks.

I tried many solutions from others forums and "all" (4) drivers available for Windows 10 is already installed. Anyone with this same issue? Any help on how to solve it?

Thanks.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Download and install the Windows 8.1 power management driver. Go to Control Panel/ Programs and Features first and uninstall the ePower first and then install

ePowerAcerePower Management Application7.00.810022.3 MB2013/12/24Download

didn't work?

Go to Power Options/ change advanced power settings/sleep/ Hybernate and set the two settings to never until a good driver becomes available.

• luizmedeiros87
    Options

Still nothing. Smiley Sad

I'll disable sleep and hibernate mode, but the thing is that i don't like to shutdown the notebook, i just close the lid and when i want to return to my work/study the system and all my stuff will be there as the same as before.

And i know the issues i keep getting is related to the VGA driver, because it crashers once in a while. And to be fair, we all know that Acer will never fix this thing, because the model of my device is a low-end. Welp, i guess this is the only and last time i bought something from this bs company.

If there is some (legal) way to go back to Windows 8.1 without losing my data, i'm willing to do.

• philetus
    Options

Here's how you can roll back to Win 8.1

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/rollback-from-windows-10

• luizmedeiros87
    Options

Already saw that solution, but i've Windows 10 by far more than 30 days (unfortunately). When i try to restore the system, there is an option to restore to the same version it came from the manufacturer, but i'll lost all my data and i don't have an external HD to save all my important documents.

I think i'm stuck with this thing until i get an external HD then... I hope my HDD won't brake this time.

• philetus
    Options

You can try Free Recuva to find and restore your Windows.old to C:.

https://www.piriform.com/recuva

• philetus
    Options

See method three

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-downgrade-windows-10-windows-7

If it will work for Win 7, I would think it should work for Win 8.1.

• luizmedeiros87
    Options

Thanks for your help, but Acer doesn't provides installation media within they notebooks that are sold in Brazil, it comes with OEM version of the system.

Anyway, i made a new partition and i'm using Ubuntu for now. I'll keep looking for any new Drivers and or Windows 10 updates to fix my problem. Until then, i'll stick with Linux. Thanks again.

• philetus
    Options

The BIg Windows 10 Threshold 2 update is now available for Win 10 as of today. If you can still boot into your Win 10, give it a try. It's supposed to fix a lot of things.

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Options

I think the problem is a conflict with the Intel Management Engine driver that you're using. Someone else with an E1-572 had the same problem, but I think they fixed it.  Search my recent posts for the thread.

Using a different Intel Managment Engine driver is a workaroud.  Not sure if that's the root cause of the problem or some other driver is conflicting. Or it just needs a BIOS update from Acer.  That's above my pay grade (I'm joking...I don't work for Acer).

Lots of HP laptops were affected by this and I'm just now noticing some threads on this Acer forum that I never noticed before.

I'm not an Acer employee.