Aspire E1-571 - Wired connection - Internet keeps dropping

Options
Sivarjuen
Sivarjuen Member Posts: 1 New User

I have a Aspire E1-571 that I have had for a few years now. Recently I moved into private university accomodation. For the first 2-3 weeks the ethernet connection was working fine, but after a while the internet would keep dropping every time I opened the browser, skype and pretty much anything that uses the Internet. One short term fix that seems to restore my connection for a few minutes is to disable and re-enable my Wired Adapter (Broadcom NetLink (TM) Gigabit Ethernet) When diagnosing the adapter it says that the 'Default Gateway was not available' and it disables and re-renables the adapter for me. However, this only works for a few minutes before my connection drops again. I have a few friends that are staying in the same private accomodation as me and they seem to have no problems whatsoever. Is anyone able to help me out with this issue? Thank you in advance!

PS: The ISP for this accomodation is ASK4. Also connecting to the wifi provided by ASK4 seems to be working fine (i.e. the connection never drops) but the connection speed is REALLY slow, whereas the connection speed I was getting with the ethernet for the first few weeks was reasonably fast.

Answers