Aspire E1-571 Plugged in not charging

russtech155
russtech155 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi,

I have been having a quite critical issue with my laptop recetly. Ocassionaly I accidently run my laptop flat as everyone does but when I plug the power cable in the LED indicator does not switch on to say the battery is charging. The laptop battery also does not charge as I left it on for a few hours plugged in and it still did not charge. When the laptop is powered up and running connecting the power lead works as it should. I can ocassionally get the computer to charge by removing the battery for a long period of time (around 30 minutes) and then replacing it. This sometimes works and sometimes does. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this issue?

Thanks in advanced.

Answers

• benton582
    benton582 Member Posts: 213 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

If what you're saying is the problem is that the charger cannot charge the battery, but the battery itself can hold electricity, correct? This means you need to replace your charger with a new one.

Please correct me if I am wrong. I don't bite. :3

• russtech155
    russtech155 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I have tried using the charger for my old (acer) laptop which is exactly the same 19V etc but that still does not work Smiley Sad The issue has also only occured recently about a month ago it was working perfectly.

Thanks

• benton582
    benton582 Member Posts: 213 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Just in case, test it on another outlet and see if that works. If that STILL doesn't work, then that means you need to buy a new one. But you made sure the battery IN the laptop works right?(If it doesn't, then when you remove the power adapter, computer will shut off. In that case, you might need a battery replacement.)

I am not sure if Acer uses the same adapter for all computers, so please give me the WHOLE model number, unless your model # is fully listed in this link: https://www.amazon.com/E1-531-2697-E1-531-4444-E1-571-6492-E1-571-6650-V5-571-6889-Adapter/dp/B008PRCOOA