Options
HamadNawaz
HamadNawaz Member Posts: 22 New User

Latoptop specs:

2016-02-04.png

Graphics:

Intel HD 4000.

Hi everyone,

The problem is, i upgraded my laptop to windows 10 from Windows 7. Installed updates and everything, but when i play games, the game starts freezing, FPS drops, and starts stuttering. Even GTA San Andreas worked perfectly, at 80-90 FPS with ENB series, now i am getting 60-40 FPS, depending on the location. But when i play SA-MP, it sometimes starts lagging as hell, i played GTA IV, 60-70 FPS, now the GTA IV lags as hell, i used to play War-face, 50-65 FPS, now it lags as hell. I thought the games lags because of over-heating, i bought the extra fan for it, whenever i play any games, the laptop doesn't gets hot, it doesn't over-heats.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you! 

Best Answer

• HamadNawaz
    Answer ✓
    Options

I factory resetted the laptop back to Windows 7. The problems are now fixed. Thank you for all your support!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,619 Trailblazer
    Options

Did these seem to work properly with Win7?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• HamadNawaz
    Options

Yep, the games worked properly with Windows 7.

• JackE
    Options

>>>i upgraded my laptop to windows 10 from Windows 7. Installed updates and everything>>>

OK. Next questions. Did they ever work properly under Win10, that is, before installing any Win10 updates? And is the hidden recovery partition still intact?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• HamadNawaz
    Options

They worked properly, after 1 week, the games started lagging, and so on. I went to the update section, there were tons of updates had to be installed. I installed them, i thought that would fix the problem but no, still the same..

• JackE
    Options

OK. Let's try this first. Right click the executable (not the shortcut) that launches one of your misbehaving games. Then choose properties. The click on compatibility. Set the executable's compatibility mode for Win7. Then try launching the game again in the Win7 compatibility mode. Report back.

Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• HamadNawaz
    Options

Alright i'll try that. And guess what, another problem while recording the games, when i record ANY game, the FPS drops to 30-25, while playing the game at 65-70 FPS with mods... I used Fraps, Action! Dxtory, tweaked them, tried some tutorials on youtube, none worked...

• HamadNawaz
    Options

I tried the Compability tab, it didn't work, i lost all the mods except the vehicles mods, Map Hud etc, and if i launch the game while the "Run this program in compability of" Something like that, the game crashes even before it laucnches, an error pops up, some Opcodes from the San Andreas Multiplayer and if i launch the singleplayer, it crashes after i load a new game/Save file. I un-checked the Compability mode, found out mods and other misc things aren't working. I'm afraid i have to downgrade..?

• JackE
    Options

>>>I'm afraid i have to downgrade..?>>>

Another thing to try. You said they worked properly when you first installed Win10. Sometimes a Windows update can cause issues like this. If you can remember the approximate date the problems first started, you can recover your system from a restore point that the Windows update process usually automatically creates. Go to control panel and do a search for restore point. You may have to click several boxes to get an expanded list of restore points and dates that the Windows update process created since you installed Win10. I suggest that you also shut off automatic Windows updates for the time being.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• HamadNawaz
    Options

There's no restore point, the last restore point was made since i installed Windows 10. Is there any other way to fix this problem? I re-installed the games but some of the games's files are being corrupted, there's no virus in my laptop, it's in good shape. There's no intro, when i start or load the game, the screen stays at the "load game" screen and then it loads the save file without showing the loading screen.. It's strange, i never faced these types of issues.

• JackE
    Options

>>>There's no restore point>>>

Run wuapp.exe. Click on update history. What do you see?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• HamadNawaz
    Options

I can't find wuapp.exe anywhere in my laptop.. And guess what, my laptop is really ruined, destroyed. If i click on a browser, it opens so many windows of a browser, when i close the browser it lags, the startup time is now 45 seconds, 35 seconds. But in Windows 7, the startup time was 7-4 seconds. The laptop is now lagging as hell..

• HamadNawaz
    Options
  • JackE
    Options

>>>I was searching on Google about the Wuap.exe>>>

NOT wuap.exe. It's wuapp.exe. Two p's not one.

If you still can't run wuapp.exe, go to control panel instead. Search  update. Then click on update history. What do you see?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• HamadNawaz
    Options

I searched "Wuapp.exe" again in Cortana and i found it, there's a recovery option, to go back to the Windows 7, however i also found out that i can factory reset the Laptop by using one of the options. I don't wanna do that. Here's a picture of the current installed updates.2016-02-09 (9).png

• HamadNawaz
    Options

Also, as i said before, the laptop is lagging, it's getting on my nerves.. Is there any solution to this problem?

[inappropriate content removed]

• JackE
    Options

The screenshot cut off the update dates. Those dates should also have restore points on your system since the update process automatically creates. Go back to control panel again. Search restore point. On the left side, click a heading that says something like restore system files etc from a restore point. You MUST keep clicking boxes till you get to a box that ALSO has an option that you MUST check to show more restore points. These restore points should coincide with the update dates since they're automatically created by the windows update process.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• HamadNawaz
    Answer ✓
    Options

I factory resetted the laptop back to Windows 7. The problems are now fixed. Thank you for all your support!

• JackE
    Options

Good for you! That seems like the best course of action under the circumstances!

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ