Aspire E1-570 Bluetooth connection woes..

eight8bits
eight8bits Member Posts: 7 New User

acer Aspire E1-570 intel i3 64bit W8.1

Had an issue with Bluetooth since owning this laptop a month ago.  Bluetooth can be turned on but picks up no devices.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers to no avail.  Microsoft troubleshooter tries to fix it but fails.

With Bluetooth turned on -

Device Manager shows three sub menus under the Bluetooth folder containing:

Bluetooth usb adapter (Qualcomm Atheros),

Micorsoft Bluetooth enumerator,

Microsoft Bluetooth LE enumerator. 

These all state they are working correctly and up to date.

Further down the line I have in Sound, video and game controllers a sub menu underneath containing a folder:

Bluetooth Audio Device (Qualcomm Atheros)

This has a yellow triangle and exclamation mark. 

In the properties tab under General it states "This device cannot start. (Code 10) Object Path Component was not a directory object."  The driver is up to date.

Can anyone explain how to fix this.  Internet wifi is fine as is everything else.  Many thanks.

Best Answer

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Answer ✓

Thank you for providing your SNID number. The system does ship with bIuetooth. You could try uninstalling any drivers in device manager that have an exclamation point next to them, and loading the latest 8.1 Bluetooth driver for your system. I would test to see if the bluetooth works at this point. If it is not working, also download and install the latest 8.1 WLAN driver for your system.

If that does not resolve your issue, you could try reloading the system to install Windows 8, and testing it on Windows 8.

Answers

• Blayn-Acer

Are you sure this system has bluetooth? Not all models include bluetooth. You can check http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25 to verify if your system has bluetooth. If it did ship with bluetooth, you may try reloading the system using eRecovery, to see if it resolves your problems.

• eight8bits

Thanks for the reply Blayn, though I am pretty sure the model in front of me has bluetooth.

The symbol sits in the corner of the taskbar. Man Indifferent

• Blayn-Acer

Ok, but if you will provide a serial number or SNID, I can look up what specific bluetooth hardware is in your system, to better troubleshoot.

Does the computer ever see another bluetooth device in range?

I see you have tried reloading the drivers. If that did not resolve your issue, you could always try a complete recovery.

• eight8bits

Sure the SNID : ****(UK model preinstalled with windows 8 updated to 8.1)

Never got round to trying out bluetooth when running on 8 but sort of wished I had now and possibly could have ruled out whether its a conflict with the drivers and the upgrade to 8.1.

As it stands no bluetooth device found whilst searching.

Thanks for the response.

[edited for privacy - please use the Private Message system]

• Blayn-Acer
    Answer ✓

Thank you for providing your SNID number. The system does ship with bIuetooth. You could try uninstalling any drivers in device manager that have an exclamation point next to them, and loading the latest 8.1 Bluetooth driver for your system. I would test to see if the bluetooth works at this point. If it is not working, also download and install the latest 8.1 WLAN driver for your system.

If that does not resolve your issue, you could try reloading the system to install Windows 8, and testing it on Windows 8.

• eight8bits

Blayn my friend you have fixed my bluetooth connection. 

Uninstalled the bluetooth driver at my end again, downloaded the bluetooth driver from your first link - installed - and now all is working. 

The cause of my problem,  I originally got the driver off the UK acer site and its not as up to date as the one you provided.

Can't thank you enough for your time.  Thanks.

• Blayn-Acer

Glad I was able to help. Hope you enjoy your new system and all the new features in Windows 8.1.

• Pascalino
    Pascalino Member Posts: 1 New User

Smiley LOL

Hey Blayan I do have the same model Acer and same problem bluetooth connectivity,and the drivers you kinda gave here arefor  windows 8 andminerunson windows 7professional. So any way i can get compatible divers for that?

Thanks,

Pascal.

• Blayn-Acer

Pascal,

Unfortunately, we do not have Windows 7 drivers available for this system. Sorry for any inconvenience.

• screen-mate1
    screen-mate1 Member Posts: 1 New User

Acer-Blayn you are also now my friend. I had the same problem with Bluetooth with my new Aspire E1-570G. It did not work from the beginning.  So I did as you recommended. Deinstalled the Bluetooth driver, downloaded and installed the Bluetooth_Atheros_8.0.1.305....., .

I am very happy now. greetings from Bavaria,Germany.

Thank you very much.

• Wingnut11
    Wingnut11 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi, thanks for the info, I followed the instructions and have now got my BT up and running, remote freedom awaits

• lovkush
    lovkush Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have aspire e1-570 windows 7 but this driver missing -PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&SUBSYS_064211AD&REV_01
  • erikledding
    erikledding Member Posts: 2 New User

Sorry - a few posts back it was said that there is no Windows 7 driver for this system.

• erikledding
    erikledding Member Posts: 2 New User

Anyone know how to delete an old version of the Bluetooth Suite?  In Programs & Settings, it's listed, but the buttons "Uninstall" and "Change" are removed when the Suite is selected.  When I attempt to install the new version, it says I have to uninstall the old one from Programs & Setting - Catch 22.

• Ankur1
    Ankur1 Member Posts: 2 New User

please send me a link for bluetooth driver for windows 8

• ehl68
    ehl68 Member Posts: 1 New User

You can get drivers here:

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

• barafundle
    barafundle Member Posts: 1 New User

I have had the exact same  problem for about a year sent my laptop back under warrenty and they were unable to fix the bluetooth connection. I have spent hours and hours trying to fix it eventually in desperation I reverted back to win8 and hey presto it all worked again ! BUT to my utter dismay a few days later microsoft did an auto update to win 8.1 ! I was furious and bluetooth broken again Smiley Sad

I found your post downloaded the new drivers and I cannot thank you enough it now all works again

One very happy bunny