Aspire E1-510-2827 Where to order replacement screen?

martyrae
martyrae Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi.  I need to order a replacement screen for my laptop. The SNID is: *** .Description: E1-510-2827-CA W81ML64A13/N2920/BT/8G/500GB/4L2.5/15.6

Where can I get a decently priced and reliable screen?  Acer wanted almost the cost of the laptop to replace the screen. When we sent it in they said they wouldn't cover it as it had been dropped.  We bought it from Shoppers Drug Mart on sale with saved Shoppers points (the fact it was from Shoppers should have been the first clue not to buy it!) and it has sat on the same desk since we bought it.  

Obviously we cannot prove this so, they would not cover it under the warranty.  We will NEVER buy a prodcut from this company again.  I've never had issues with having items replaced or fixed under warranty.  There are some honest people out there (that would be ME) who would not lie about something like this just to get it fixed for free.  

Why would I be willing to pay for a screen, for most likely the same price as ACER was going to charge us, if I was lying???  It's the principal now. I refuse to ever purchase pieces of ACER junk again.  

Description: E1-510-2827-CA W81ML64A13/N2920/BT/8G/500GB/4L2.5/15.6

Sorry, needed to vent. Still need to know where I can order a good screen.

Thanks,

Martha

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]

Answers

• Hello Martha,

1. You can buy a screen compatible here. Yours is glossy.
    2. I give you the part numbers of the original LCD panels (glare=glossy):
      Spoiler
      KL.15605.013LCD PANEL.LED.15.6"WXGA.GLARE (AUO)
      KL.15608.013LCD PANEL.LED.15.6".WXGA.GLARE (LG)
      KL.1560D.004LCD PANEL.LED.WXGA.GLARE.3.8MM (CHIMEY)
      You can also research with the Acer or brand (links) part numbers on the web.
    France