Aspire E 17 E5-722-89MU laptop speakers volume too low

Options
celinego
celinego Member Posts: 5 New User

Hi, I bought 2 x Acer E17 (E5-722-89MU) about 6 months ago and have upgraded them both to Windows 10 since. It seems since I installed Audacity a few months back, my speaker volume has become barely audible and I now have to use earplugs to watch movies.

The other one is my son's and his speaker volume is as mine was before but I have no idea how to get my proper speaker volume back. I've tried updating the drivers but still the problem persists.  And I've downloaded the recommended driver from Realtek only to find it's the same as the one currently installed (6.0.1.7564).  There's also a AMD High Definition Audio Device whose driver also seems to be up to date (10.0.0.1).

Anyone got any ideas please as it's driving me nuts.  It looks like both laptops are using the same drivers so why is his volume about 3 x louder than mine.  There must be something different somewhere and surely it's not just cos I installed Audacity???   Many thanks for any advice.

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Try this:

right click on the sound icon. go to playback devices. select the speakers. go to properties. select enhancements. turn on loudness equalization. this should help.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    Answer ✓
    Options

Try this:

right click on the sound icon. go to playback devices. select the speakers. go to properties. select enhancements. turn on loudness equalization. this should help.

• celinego
    celinego Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

Thank you sooo much Ironfly .... I'd tried changing it to several other options BUT loudness equalization!  You're my hero!  Have a lovely Christmas Smiley Happy

• IronFly
    Options

You welcome. Smiley Happy

Happy Christmas too.