Aspire E 15 stuck on Recovery Management

Options
Shadowseek1288
Shadowseek1288 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
I have a Aspire E 15 laptop E5-532-P5T7 and it was running really slow and have nothing but issues since the day I bought it. Recently I tried to do a recovery and format it back to factory with no success. I called Acer and they made me buy a USB system Recovery drive and it would get to the installing and give me an error code 23 fail to apply image and stop there. Also upon a second attempt with this 70$ USB drive it stops at 17% and gives me an error code 1392 and keeps doing that no matter how many times I try.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

boot from your recovery media and press Shift+F10 at language/keyboard screen options, to enter Command prompt.

once in command prompt type
    diskpart
    then on diskpart type
    list disk
    take note of the correct disk ID to erase
    type
    select disk x
    (x is the ID of your HDD to erase)
    type
    clean
    type exit

proceed to windows installation

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Shadowseek1288
    Shadowseek1288 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I booted in recovery mode and hit shift F100 which brought me to some command prompt and when I type diskpart and hit enter it loads then says there was a problem. I restarted using the USB as the startup and still having same issue no. Stop
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

not good at all.

can be a bad HDD, i strongly suggest you to take your laptop to a computer shop or contact Acer support if under warranty

I'm not an Acer employee.