Aspire E-15 shuts down on battery power

ahayesha
ahayesha Member Posts: 4 New User

Hello!

I recently purchased 16 of the E5-575g-53vg for teachers at our school. A single E15 is now having some trouble, specifically when unplugged and on Battery. I have done research on here and run across the R7 thread requiring a tightening of screws, and as well have used the Battery Reset pinhole technique, but to no avail. The laptop will unexpectedly shut down whether it is on an unsteady surface like in ones lap, or on a sturdy, static surface like a desk. It also shuts down randomly in regards to battery, whether it bet in the 90% range, 80, 70, 60 etc... Logs seem not to indicate any software or OS issue, so I am going to bank this on the battery. Is there anything I can do before sending it in to (hopefully) be fixed? The unavailability time is high, 3 full weeks from the date they receive it, and that will greatly affect a teacher so close to our end of semester testing schedule. 

Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks!

Answers

• ItsTomi
    ItsTomi Member Posts: 17

Tinkerer

If you ever find a solution, please let us know

• ahayesha

So far, following the directions on this article has led to the computer in question staying on longer in Battery Mode than it has since the problem started to occur. I will update you tomorrow as to whether it shut down prematurely or has successfully discharged the battery and powered back up. Thank you for submitting the link! I am cautiously Optimistic!

• ahayesha

Will do!

• ItsTomi

Tinkerer

Didn't help. I have to send it in - no other choice (i'm in a similar situation as you, except i'm a student)

See you in a month, 'lil fella

• Jose-Acer
    Jose-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,336 Community Administrator

Hello everyone,

We're sorry that you're having issues with your E 15 laptop while in battery mode.

@ahayesha

Was the issue fixed with the steps provided by brummyfan2?  If not, it might be a hardware issue, please send me a PM with the S/N and I'll help with the process to set the unit up for repair.

ItsTomi ha escrito:

Didn't help. I have to send it in - no other choice (i'm in a similar situation as you, except i'm a student)

See you in a month, 'lil fella

Hopefully it won't take that long!  Can you please send me a PM with the S/N or Case ID of the unit?  I'll see if there's anything we can do to assist you.

Thank you!

• ahayesha

The Power profiles fix posted by Brummyfan2 did solve my issue with the problem. The battery was fully drained and restarted after a day and a half of use, and has since not had any issues.

• stenoapril
    stenoapril Member Posts: 1 New User

I am having a very similar issue with my Acer just purchased in July.  When not plugged in, if I pick it up a certain way, moving the screen at all, it shuts off.  I have tightened the screws that are visible.  PLEASE HELP!

• ItsTomi

Tinkerer

I'm slightly regretting that I went for this model because quite many people are reporting this ... Hopefully I'll get it fixed under warranty and you should too
  • ItsTomi

Tinkerer

Sorry I didn't rewrite the serial number of my model but thank you

• stenoapril wrote:

I am having a very similar issue with my Acer just purchased in July.  When not plugged in, if I pick it up a certain way, moving the screen at all, it shuts off.  I have tightened the screws that are visible.  PLEASE HELP!

Hi,

There may be loose connection of cables inside, it may also be a manufacturing fault, if you are under warranty, send it for a repair.