Aspire E 15 keyboard issue

Options
Blueflag
Blueflag Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
When I type w I get we. E I get e4. The backspace key. The list goes on. Did I accidentally touch the Fn key and something else? Is there something I can do to get it back to normal. I have tried Fn + NumLock plus a variety of others. Please any suggestions welcome

Best Answer

• Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options

It sounds like a short, like something conductive of electricity fell inside under a key shorting the conductive trace work. You state just top row so I doubt it's a software setting. Do you have a external USB keyboard? If so does it do the same thing? Bet it won't. Maybe try some can duster air and blow out to edge from top middle under keys to dislodge the object? I'd work center to left and center to right but test with a USB keyboard first if possible. 

Answers

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

Have you tried this:

1. Shut down your laptop

2. Disconnect the AC adapter

3. Wait few minutes

4. Follow this procedure

Note: The battery reset pinhole is marked with this symbol AC-BRP on the bottom of the laptop.

France
  • Blueflag
    Options

Unfortunately the battery reset did not work.

I notice in my original message I made an error.  It should rea  The W key types W2.  The E key types E4.  The backspace key does not work.  It is only the top row of alpha keys that seem to be affected.  W E R Y I and a few on the number pad.

• Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options

It sounds like a short, like something conductive of electricity fell inside under a key shorting the conductive trace work. You state just top row so I doubt it's a software setting. Do you have a external USB keyboard? If so does it do the same thing? Bet it won't. Maybe try some can duster air and blow out to edge from top middle under keys to dislodge the object? I'd work center to left and center to right but test with a USB keyboard first if possible. 

• Blueflag
    Options

Thank you!  I tried with an external keyboard.  The external keyboard worked.  Then I did use the dust destroyer.  The main keyboard is now working on the laptop.  I am very grateful for your input.

• rajulamsal
    rajulamsal Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

keyboard problem plz help me