Aspire E 15 USB ports all died

Options
warto
warto Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello,

All of the USB ports on my Aspire E 15 suddenly died.

Any idea how can I restore their functionality?

Thanks.

-warto

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Options

Do they show up in device manager? Are there any exclamation points or bangs if they do show up?

You can try reloading the OS, but if that doesn't fix it, you will probably be looking at repair.

• MaiAbling18
    MaiAbling18 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Same thing happened to my e15. it says that the unknown devices is not installed. i tried updating the driver software but nothing happens. i also tried scanning for hardware changes, still nothing. what should i do?

• Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

Chipset must be updated first. It determines the USB bus. Then can update USB drivers. Bios updates normally cause the disruption because normally requires chipset update refresh after bios changes.

• MaiAbling18
    MaiAbling18 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    How can i update the chipset?
  • Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

go to downloads for your model here at Acer and download the chipset. Make sure you get correct one, there are skylake or Kabylake depending on when your system was made. Once you have that package run it. If it fails, try manual install.  Open the zip to get the exe file. Use say zip7 to open the exe (the exe is just another compressed file) and then use the contents inside that exe to manually install.